Thursday 6 May 2010

Bandwagon Part Deux

Several months ago, I briefly discussed the Wolf train (wagon) and The Hunt. Nothing came of it, as I decided to get on with getting the Dark Angels up to scratch.

Now I've come over all Red! Before I loathe myself too much:

1) I've owned the 2nd Ed Angels of Darkness since I started playing 40k, and the Darks and Bloods have always kind of sat together

2) I already own enough Jump Pack marines to make a small (1K) BA army with mimum purchases. Just need some Vanguard Vets, a librarian and maybe 2 Sang priests, plus some remodelling.

3) I was looking at using these Assault marines with the Darktimes*

4) The speed I paint, by the time I feel like playing them the bandwagon will have moved onto Inquisition and Dark Eldar!

So I was thinking:

Librarian 125
Jump pack, Sword, Lance

Honour Guard 195
3 Meltagun

Sanguinary Priest 90
Jump Pack, Infernus Pistol

Sanguinary Priest 90
Jump Pack, Infernus Pistol

Blood Angels Assault Squad 235
10, Power Fist, 2 Melta Guns

Blood Angels Assault Squad 235
10, Power Fist, 2 Melta Guns

Vanguard Veteran Squad 200**
5, Stormshield, powerfist.

I've got a bunch of power fists knocking around, I've got this excellent conversion from flamer to meltagun method I'm planning to use - and if they all look the same I can call it Baal pattern!

So I've got some test tac marines to try different reds that I'll plaster over while painting other stuff.

*4th Edition BA pdf gold... en rain.

** Yes, yes I know, thats more than 1000pts, but you gotta have some choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment