Friday 26 February 2010

Burn out

Well, maybe burnout isn't the right phrase...

I don't get to do much gaming these days, time passes, work and responsibilites intrude on the day. Oh, and then theres that damn inconvenient 'sleep' that takes up a majority of the non work 24 hours.

That means I get most of my 40k fix from reading forums and blogs, battle reps, tactical discussions, army lists and the strange politics of the warhammer biased interweb.

I'm full. I'm gorged on gaming by proxy. I have no interest in other people's 40k anymore. I don't think I've learned everything I can, I know I haven't memorised the rules and point cost of every race like I used to, and my interest in the game is still very much there.

I just need to digest all this wholesome games workshop food, and rather than sleep and excersize, I need to game.



Unfortunatly, I don't know when I'm going to be able to do that. I guess until a really tasty looking desert comes along (DA update? New DE codex? "Just a whaffer thin slice of ham sir?") I'll be staring at the menu with a glazed expression, and thinking that none of this really interests me.

P.S. Did I take the food = 40k thing too far?!

No comments:

Post a Comment