Monday 24 January 2011

Sons of Malice Book of Grudges


I was looking for a picture of the Book of Grduges, and all I found was this baby oposum... Such is life!

I've added the new section to the left, to detail my win/loss/draw record for these gents in black and white, as I think this is the army I'll be rolling with for a while, and probably taking to any tournaments.
Anyway, last Thursday I had another 1750pt practise game against Jason of the Ravenguard... Who was using Imperial Guard. Hang on...?!

As soon as we rolled the mission, the likelyhood was a draw - 2 objectives and quarters deployment. He didn't move a great deal, and I couldn't get through all the armour and bullets/rockets/las/plas/melta.
CCS
Primaris Psyker + Psyker battle squad, chimera (Really annoying hiding at the back!)
Infantry platoon with 3 lascannons blobbed up good. I made him take 3 leadership tests in 3 turns, and they held 3 times. Dammit.
Chimeltavet squad
Chimplasmavet squad + Bastonne - humourously lost 2 plasmas in openning salvo. Unfortunatly also killing Thunderwolf!
Chiflamervet squad
Squadron of 2 Leman Russ BT
1 Leman Russ Exterminator - yeah, when was the last time you saw one of those?!
1 Nasty Ouchy Cheesy Horrible Manticore Rocket Launcher.

Battle report in 2 sentances... I had to take 2 shots from the manticore until the scouts came in and showed it some melta love. I don't think the infantry platoon did much but eat my frag, my 4 killer units accounted for... A chimera. No line of sight blocking terrain resulted in enough shots to take out all 4 by turn 4, and they just couldn't make it into his castle. Maybe with some better run rolls but nevermind! Everything else shot, shot and shot some more, while slowly being whittled away. End of turn 5 we didn't bother carrying on, as he'd killed everything on the way in, and he wouldn't be able to make it to my objective.

It's a shame really, as I think we'd both have been happier with a different mission/deployment, and a board with a bit more line of sight blocking terrain, ie > 0.

Hopefully I'll get in another game thursday before the Sunday tournament.
In the meantime I'll have to put up some painting/modelling progress, which there's been plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment